I write weekly video game commentary for The Mary Sue, a geek culture website for ladies (and gents). My work focuses on narrative analysis, gameplay experience, gender portrayals, and the gamer community. You can find the full archive of my past articles here.
If you'd rather not dig through the archive, here are a few of my favorites.
- Lara Croft Is Dead, Long Live Lara Croft
- Why Talking About Character Gender Still Matters (Even Though It Shouldn't)
- Teaching My Mom To Play Portal 2
- "But Alas, She Is A Woman": How Dishonored Uses Gender Roles To Tell A Story
- What Women Want (In Female Video Game Protagonists)